the harvest is plenty but the laborers are few

Monday, May 24, 2010

Fruit of the Spirit is better than no fruit at all...

So last night I discovered that my darling and ever so loving husband poisoned my rhubarb.  Meh.

In his defense he thought they were weeds.

So that happened and I was only FURIOUS a little mad... for the whole night

So I don't have rhubarb... But you know what I DO have?  I have some Fruit of the Spirit.  You know?  Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control?  Yup, all that and I moved on...

Okay, actually I didn't move on... right away.  I had to walk away from my loving, caring, hardworking husband because if I had stayed there I would not have said very nice words.  And I'm a Godly Woman... mostly.  And I wasn't going to be very kind or gentle or good, ect, ect, if I had stayed.  So I went and hacked up some weeds in my veggie garden. 

And then I prayed and asked God to please not let me keep thinking that those weeds were my husband.  And also God, could you send me some Fruit?  I'm referring to Spiritual Fruit here people.

If you don't know what Spiritual fruit is you better go dust off your King James and look up Galatians 5:22-23... or I'll save you some time and you can BibleGateway it HERE.

So I went to bed that night still a lot little bit irritated.  And you know what?  God gave me Fruit.  The next morning all my anger was gone.  I felt love and joy and peace and patience and kindness and goodness and faitfullness and gentleness and self-control!  God is GOOD!

And now I see that Gluten Free Girl just bloged about... THIS 

RHUBARB RECIPES... grrrrr...

But you know what?  Who needs rhubarb when you've got God's Fruit?

3 comments:

Amy said...

Pretend I just clicked the like button

Anonymous said...

AMEN!! Go Girl!
xo
Mel

Hanna said...

I love it when you girls comment on my blog. :)