the harvest is plenty but the laborers are few

Friday, May 28, 2010

Sisters are Forever

I’m going to take you back to about 25 years ago.

It is a late mid-summer evening. 

My mother, father, brother and I are sitting on our front porch watching a thunderstorm come in. We are anxiously awaiting the birth of a baby. My mom asks us each whether we want a brother or a sister… of course Dad and Matt say “Brother” and Mom says “A healthy baby”…

I asked for a sister...

A week or so later I was blessed with a baby sister.

Tomorrow my baby sister is getting married.  And I will be blessed with the addition of another brother.

See people, God answers some prayer speedy quick.  Others take a little longer for Him to answer.  But of this we can be sure... He ALWAYS answers.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

and sometimes, you have to wait 30-some years to find somebody who will be your sister.
xoxo