the harvest is plenty but the laborers are few

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sink or Swim... or Walk?

Bear with me...

Matthew 14   Jesus Walks on the Water

25During the fourth watch of the night Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear.

27But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."

28"Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water."

29"Come," he said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!"

31 Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"

32And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. 33Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God."


When we are look at the world around us and start to sink, we need only CRY OUT to the one who saves. And when he catches (as He always does and always will) we are to immediately WORSHIP. :) This is what I learned today.

Whoa. I love it when God uses his Word to impact me as this has impacted me today. I have read this before but never has it touched me as it has today.

No comments: