the harvest is plenty but the laborers are few

Saturday, June 30, 2012

BrightStar Chantilly Lace

DISCLAIMER!
This post is mainly for my own reference.
 While, some of you goat lovers might enjoy this, I fully realize
that this is a complete bore to the rest of you.
Deal.

BrightStar Chantilly Lace
 

CH Marshmeadow Sky Sequined Veil  (Tilly's Mom) 87VE+V
This is Tilly's Dam as a yearling milker. She ended up an ADGA Champion (that's the CH in front of her name.) To be a Champion you have to win 3 Grand Champion awards under at least 2 different judges at ADGA sanctioned events. So pretty much, she won 3 goat beauty contests. LOL
When we saw Veil at BrightStar Farm, where I bought Tilly and Minnie, she was a shadow of her former glory, poor old lady. Age. It happens to the best of us. I was so happy to find this picture when I searched her Pedigree name. Those Googles, they sure are helpful!
 
Tilly's Sir is Brookwood Bastile Andre 86VEV bred by Brookwood Lamanchas.  BEAUTIFUL goats.  If you look at the website anything with Bastille in the name is related to my Tilly.  Likewise, anything with Prowler.

I have high hopes for our Little Tilly.  I hope she is the start of something great!  I hope she is a great doe birthing mother.  I hope she is a great milker.  I hope she nurtures a love of goats and animals in my children.  I hope she doesn't purposely tip over the water bucket like Minnie. 

Mostly, I hope God may be glorified in this goat raising endeavor.  I am realizing that He put this pastoral yearning in me.  I feel peace while taking them for walks through the trails in our fields. (We don't have a pasture yet.)  I feel joy and purpose when filling a milking pail with substance that will nourish my family.  I feel fulfilled when I make cheese to fill my children's bellies.  This IS the abundant life.  And I give thanks.

Matthew 7:11
If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

No comments: