the harvest is plenty but the laborers are few

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pelting your kids with snowballs

Yesterday was Wednesday. 
Wednesdays tend to be long days around here.  Especially when the whinning and crying bordom sets in at approx 8:30 in the morn, you KNOW it's going to be a long day.  So what's a mom to do in the middle of February when you are just aching in your bones to go outside and plant your hands in some soil and send your kids to the sand box and listen to the birds and soak up the spring air?

I chose to bring the small folks outside in the snow...

Have I mentioned that I hate going out in the snow? 

Well?  I do.  I don't have any snowpants that fit.  It's kind of a cold experience to go out in the snow in Western New York when you don't have any snowpants that fit.  But I decided to put on my big girl pants (literally and figuratively speaking) and bring my shorties outside.  (Anyhow, we're having a heatwave with the temperature hovering around 32.  BONUS!)

And you know what?  It wasn't that bad.  Mainly because I toke my aggressions out on my children in the form of a snowball fight.  And the fact that they laughed and giggled the whole time made it all the more enjoyable.  'Cause when your kids are laughing and giggling you can't really help but join in with their jovial spirit. 
Gracie making snow angels and Annie observing the madness. (A girl after my own heart.)

RUN while you still have a chance!

Oh yes, I did.

My sweet little Annie, sneak attacked from the back! 
I know! She's cute, right?  Who would have expected it from her!? 
Snow down my back. But fear not! I had my revenge...

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Of course she sneak attacked you! She's her daddy's girl... all she needs is a mini ghilly suit.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good adventure. I hate snow too. That is why I got out.

Kara said...

I bought the kids out this morning and I too thought to myself, "I need some snow-pants". I WAS SOAKED and it's hard to get down with a baby on your back and 10 pounds of coat all gathered around you. Good for you girl..good for you!

Hanna said...

10 pounds of coat... yay. That's my problem! It's the coat that's putting all that extra weight on me...